11 Random Things About Me:
1. I had the dream of being a teacher my entire life. However, I spent the few years leading up to my High School graduation in absolute fear and panic because I really just didn’t know what I was going to do after graduation. I had convinced myself already that I would never be able to go to college and become a teacher; that it was out of my reach. I was enrolled in a cosmetology program until the end of June after graduation and my best friend, Becky, suggested I go to UW Marathon County to “try” out the college thing. I remember talking to her for hours that one particular night. She made me realize that I had the potential to follow my dream. Six years later, I moved to Atlanta, GA to begin my first year as a fifth grade teacher. Now, I have five years of teaching full time and a year and a half of subbing on my resume.
2. I broke my collar bone twice when I was younger - once in first grade after hanging upside down from the monkey bars, and again in seventh grade when I was rollerblading.
3. For as long as I can remember, I have had an obsession with paper. Vintage or old paper are my favorite. I also like clean, white stacks of paper. I can’t explain it or compare it to anything else….it’s kind of strange.
4. I NEVER finish that last swallow of any beverage I drink (coffee, milk, soda, water, wine, etc). People think I do this because I “don’t want to drink backwash” but that’s not at all it. I really can’t explain it besides saying that I just can’t allow myself to drink it.
5. I took piano lessons for seven years and could play quite well, but could barely read sheet music. I pretty much faked my way through lessons by memorizing sounds and mirroring them back to my instructor. Sometimes that meant entire songs. I still remember them and can play them today.
6. I believe in spirituality. I think Oprah said it very well…"When you understand that you are more than your body…that you really are the spirit in the body, in a human body…that’s experiencing this life as a human being but that you really are a spiritual entity… come from whatever you want to call it. Some people call it God. Some people call it Source or Universal Energy…
But when you begin to realize that you are more than your body. Your purpose is greater than your profession or your career. That because you were born, you have a right to be here and there is a calling on your life. It means that you live your life without fear and you know that no matter what happens…no matter what happens, you are going to be alright…You are going to be alright. That’s what spirituality is to me.”
7. I am in love with music. It is my meditation. I love everything about it. I love how it can play with my emotions and relieve me of my constant need for control. It’s like I get to take a break from everything and get lost in it. I love how it can pull me out of a dark place, instantly put a smile of my face, it can make me cry for no reason, make me cry for a loved one, take me to an exact moment of my past, it can give me motivation and energy or calm me down. I designate a theme song to everything I do. I hate when people limit themselves to one type or genre of music.
8. I once saw a double rainbow while standing under the Eiffel Tower in France. It was once of the most beautiful things ever.
9. I stage managed the musical, "You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown" in college and will never forget the lyrics to every song.
10. Even after explaining myself for hours, I know that I could never explain how much goes on in my head all the time. I am constantly thinking aobut random things and analyzing everything that I come across.
11. I love my family members with all of my heart and I think about them every day. I wish they could know the amount of admiration, love and respect I have for each and every one of them.
Questions from Little Second-Grade Sombodies:
1. Is education the only career you've had? If not what else have you done?
-Yes, education is the only career I've had. However, I've also worked at a wreath factory, a skateboard factory, as a cashier at JC Pennys, Sears, and Kmart, I've worked as a housekeeper, and I was a Sandwhich Artist at subway.