Saturday, December 8, 2012

Making Magnetic Boards

The three boards above have all been sold.
This summer I was "pinspired" to make a magnetic makeup board for my bathroom. For those of you that missed it, I posted all about it, including pictures, here. I ended up making some for a few friends and then really became quite addicted to looking for bargain frames at garage sales and thrift shops and pretty fabric at my local Hobby Lobby.

I recently made a few boards for a friend (pictured above). I have to admi it was really hard to part with them. I really fell in love with the fabrics and colors - especially the green one in the upper left hand corner (it would have looked great in my own bathroom)!

I still have two that I haven't sold (see below), and just picked up some new fabric today. My newest idea is to make some in fun, pretty, girly colors and fabric to sell as Memo Boards. I would still include a "brush holder". It would just be used for it's original purpose: to hold pencils/pens! I can't wait to post pictures when they're done!

Still looking for a home for these two! The container on the right has a quote from Steven Furtick, "The reason we struggle with insecurity is becasue we compare our behind-the-scences with everyone else's highlight reel." It can easily be replaced with a different quote, or a picture.
 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment