Tuesday, August 21, 2012

found what she was looking for! (Makeup Board Update)

I DID IT! I found exactly what I was looking for!

The other day, my sister happened to have an eye appointment in Marshfield so I rode along and made it my mission to find a cheaper pencil holder for all of the makeup brushes, eye liners, and such. In my first Magnetic Makeup Board project, I spent close to $4 on one holder and I was bound and determined to find something cheaper for future boards. For my second attempt at the boards, not only did I spend the $4, but had to add stronger magnets to work through fabric.

Well, I found them at the one, the only; TARGET! I LOVE Target, but don't get there often, as the nearest store is 45 minutes away. So I was ecstatic when I found the perfect holder within 30 seconds of entering the store.

As most teachers are aware, right now there is a huge selection of back-to-school goodies in Target's dollar section. This is where I found the perfect holder. So perfect, I bought ten of them! (If you've caught on, I will be making more boards in the near future).

Not only was I in love with their $1 price tag, I love the designs (should I choose not to paint over them) and the fact that some of them have a little picture holder window. My idea for this...add a quote about makeup or beauty, perhaps?

I can't wait to use these!


3 comments:

  1. Those are super cute holders. Target is the best.

    Yearn to Learn Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I LOVE Target! They sure know how to market to teachers! :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete